While playing outside near his home in Kuna, Idaho, Toad the German Shorthaired Pointer encountered a rattlesnake that bit him five times. When Toad’s owner, Fritz Brownell, rushed to help him, he saw multiple snakes and made the mistake of trying to grab them.
The owners of Toad hurriedly took him to the vet, but it was too late as the venom had already done its damage. Toad started bleeding from his mouth and limbs. The veterinarians quickly assessed his condition and found out that he had been bitten on both sides of his face and left front leg several times. He immediately started swelling up, but the vets administered anti-venom to help him recover.
Despite his owners’ concerns that he wouldn’t survive, Toad managed to recover from his rattlesnake bite. Now, his owners are urging fellow pet owners to be cautious and aware of their surroundings in areas where rattlesnakes may be present as Toad continues to heal.
According to the Idaho Fish and Game department, it is currently trendy to utilize a leash for your children when taking a stroll in the foothills or desert.