Kristina Rinaldi, the administrative director of Detroit Dog Rescue (DDR), was shocked during her visit to animal control to collect six puppies. The neglected little ones were found in an abandoned house in Detroit, Michigan, and were suffering from severe pockmarks all over their bodies. They were furless, pink, and had burning sensations with a high temperature. According to Rinaldi, “I mean it when I say these puppies were literally on fire; their temperatures were extremely high.”
Rinaldi, who works as a dog courier, revealed that the puppies were suffering from mange, a skin condition that caused them to lose their fur. According to him, he has encountered numerous cases of mange in dogs over the years, but the severity of this particular case was unmatched.
A pair walked into a holy place to donate supplies, but ended up departing with an unexpected 17-year-old dog. The couple rushed the puppies to a veterinarian, unfortunately, two of them did not survive and died during the journey. As for the remaining four, the vet said they were in a difficult situation, according to the couple’s account.
During their 12-week stay, the individuals received adequate care and attention. The staff went the extra mile to assist in their skin’s healing process by dressing them in onesies made for babies. Finally, they were ready to be adopted into loving forever homes.